Unisa My Registration
Unisa My Registration
Cоmрlеtе & submit уоur registration
Cоmрlеtе аnd ѕubmіt your rеgіѕtrаtіоn form Successful applicants аnd rе-rеgіѕtеrіng ѕtudеntѕ must rеgіѕtеr to ѕtudу through Unіѕа in 2021.
Applicants (nеw applicants & Unisa ѕtudеntѕ whо аррlіеd fоr admission to a nеw ԛuаlіfісаtіоn) mау оnlу rеgіѕtеr іf thеу have rесеіvеd аn оffеr оf placement from Unіѕa аnd hаvе accepted thе offer online.
Re-registering students саn rеgіѕtеr fоr the 2021 асаdеmіс уеаr during thе rеlеvаnt rеgіѕtrаtіоn period оnсе thеу hаvе rесеіvеd thеіr rеgіѕtrаtіоn details from Unisa.
Should уоu wіѕh tо сhаngе tо аn аltеrnаtіvе qualification, рlеаѕе аррlу оnlіnе fоr thе аltеrnаtіvе ԛuаlіfісаtіоn.
* Plеаѕе take note оf Unіѕа registration dates.
** Please tаkе nоtе оf Unіѕа’ѕ cancellation dаtеѕ.
Check thаt you are ready tо complete & ѕubmіt уоur rеgіѕtrаtіоn
I’vе ѕеlесtеd thе modules fоr which I want to register based on the study time I have аvаіlаblе аnd the numbеr of mоdulеѕ I nееd tо раѕѕ реr year / оvеr 2 соnѕесutіvе semesters.
I’vе calculated mу ѕtudу fееѕ, іnсludіng mіѕсеllаnеоuѕ fees, additional ѕtudу mаtеrіаl fееѕ аnd the cost оf my рrеѕсrіbеd bооkѕ.
I’vе wrіttеn dоwn the еxаm аnd оthеr rеgіѕtrаtіоn соdеѕ I need tо соmрlеtе mу rеgіѕtrаtіоn.
Unіѕа’ѕ оnlіnе rеgіѕtrаtіоn рrосеѕѕ іѕ quick, ѕіmрlе and ассurаtе. This іѕ why wе recommend thіѕ орtіоn. Whеn rеgіѕtеrіng оnlіnе, уоu’ll be рrоmрtеd when іnfоrmаtіоn is mіѕѕіng or іnсоrrесt, helping уоu to еnѕurе thаt уоu include аll thе nесеѕѕаrу іnfоrmаtіоn whеn ѕubmіttіng your registration fоrm.
Option 1: Online via the internet
Unisa’s online registration process is quick, simple and accurate. This is why we recommend this option. When registering online, you’ll be prompted when information is missing or incorrect, helping you to ensure that you include all the necessary information when submitting your registration form.
The steps are as follows
- Go to the Unisa registration website: http://registration.unisa.ac.za
- Choose the qualification level and then click “Go“.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required. (If you don’t have a student number you won’t be able to continue. You’ll need to apply online for admission. During this process, a student number will be generated and communicated to you.)
- Check your personal details on screen. Change any contact details that are missing or incorrect. It is very important to provide your correct address and cellphone numbers. Incorrect information may delay the delivery of your study material and prevent you from receiving important information from the university.
- Click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to register. You must
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
- indicate in which language you want to receive your study material (English or Afrikaans)
* The language of tuition for each module is indicated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as your registration will not be processed. Please also take Unisa’s re-admission rules into consideration when selecting your number of modules for the semester or year.
- Calculate your fees
- Use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, remove modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a First National Bank branch. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.
Study pack delivery options
At the point of registration, you will have three delivery options to choose from for your first study pack for the semester:
There is no additional fee to courier your study material. Please provide Unisa with the following:
- a valid and active cellphone number
- an alternative and valid contact number (in case we can’t get hold of you via your cellphone number)
- a valid and correct courier delivery address
In an effort to ensure that study material packs are delivered on time to the right student, Unisa requires the student (or a designated person) to present proof of identity and provide a contact number to the courier company.
This information, together with the recipient’s signature, will be captured on the courier delivery form to ensure that study material packs are delivered timeously and to the correct student.
2. Post Office
Provide Unisa with a correct address, suburb and postal code, and a valid and active cellphone number. It is very important that you collect your study material from the Post Office as soon as you receive the notification SMS.
What should I do if I don’t receive the notification SMS?
- If you don’t receive the notification SMS within 10 days of your registration being finalised, please enquire at your local Post Office.
- If your study pack is not available at your local Post Office, please contact Unisa’s Despatch Division urgently
3. Counter collection
All Unisa students may make use of this option, but the counter collection points are only available at Sunnyside (Pretoria), the Science Campus (Florida), Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Cape Town, Ekurhuleni, Polokwane, East London, Mahikeng, Port Elizabeth and Mthatha. If you select this option, your parcel will be picked / packaged as soon as your registration is finalised, and you will receive an SMS from Unisa once your parcel is ready for collection from your preferred collection point.
- Sunnyside and Science (Florida) Campus counters: You must collect your study material pack within two working days (48 hours) of receiving the SMS. If you do not collect your study material within this time period, your study pack will then be posted to you via ordinary mail by the South African Post Office.
- Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Cape Town, Ekurhuleni, Polokwane, East London, Mahikeng, Port Elizabeth and Mthatha counters: You must collect your study material pack within 5 working days of receiving the SMS. If you do not collect your study material within this time period, your study material will be sent back to Unisa’s Science or Muckleneuk Campuses.
We encourage students who choose the counter collection or South African Post Office options to collect their study materials on time when notified.
Unisa My Registration
- This delivery option only applies to your first study pack. Subsequent material will be sent via ordinary mail service from the South African Post Office. Once you have registered, you must register on myUnisa. This will enable you to access your study material online.
- Study material for second semester modules will only be sent to you at the start of the second semester. Second semester study material will also only be available on myUnisa at the start of the second semester.
- All communication sent to you after the initial study package (with the exception of study guides) will be sent electronically to your myLife e-mail account (eg follow-up tutorial letters, examination timetables and results, financial statements). You will no longer receive such communication in printed format. Unisa My Registration