Unisa Courses And Fees
Unisa’s study fees are generally lower than other higher education institutions, but studying is still a significant investment either way. The cost depends on the qualification, obviously, as well as the number of modules you choose.
The average student registers for between 4 and 6 modules per year at a cost of between *R1 570,00 and *R4 550,00 per module (*these amounts are subject to change). The module costs do not include your prescribed books. Books are an additional cost that you must factor into your calculations for your full costs of study.
Application for admission fee
The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa.
Please note that Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
Bursaries and loans for Unisa students
Unisa’s Division: Student Funding (DSF) administers donor funding in the form of bursaries and loans to Unisa students. The criteria for awarding these bursaries and loans are determined by the donors of the funding. All application forms are available at www.unisa.ac.za/studentfunding
Our eight Unisa Courses comprise the following:
- College of Accounting Sciences (CAS): Offers several qualifications endorsed by professional financial bodies both nationally and internationally, and produces high quality graduates for the various accounting professions.
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES): Specialises in education and training in food production and the sustainable use and management of Africa’s natural resources.
- College of Economic and Management Sciences (CEMS): The largest provider of business education in Africa and one of the largest in the world. Unisa’s Graduate School of Business Leadership (SBL) is an autonomous academic department within CEMS.
- College of Education (CEDU): Responsible for the professional education and training of close to 50% of all teachers in South Africa.
- College of Graduate Studies: Endeavours to increase Unisa’s postgraduate profile and to improve the performance of master’s and doctoral students.
- College of Human Sciences (CHS): Offers high-quality general academic and career-focused programmes in the arts and humanities, social sciences, education, religion and theology.
- College of Law (CLAW): Confers professional qualifications that provide access to the legal profession, as well as various career-based qualifications in subjects such as police practice.
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET): Offers general academic and career-oriented degrees, diplomas and certificates in a range of science, engineering and technology disciplines.
In addition, we have a Graduate School of Business Leadership (SBL) which is regarded as one of the top business schools in South Africa, the SBL has produced more than a third of all the MBL/MBA degrees awarded by South African universities since its inception
- Accounting Sciences
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- Economic & Management Sciences
- College of Graduate Studies
- Human Sciences
- Science, Engineering & Technology
- Graduate School of Business Leadership
- Thabo Mbeki African Leadership Institute
- Advancing excellence through our Colleges