Unisa Brochure 2022-2023
Unisa Brochure 2022-2023
Unisa is Africa’s leading distance learning institution nurturing inspiring leaders of tomorrow. We are a reputable, comprehensive, flexible and accessible open distance learning institution that is motivating a future generation. We offer internationally accredited qualifications and have world-class resources.
Our vision “towards the African university shaping futures in the service of humanity” drives us to find answers to Africa’s educational and developmental problems. By forming partnerships in Africa and throughout the world, we are able to help the people of Africa achieve their dreams.
READ ALSO Unisa Registration Contact Details
Community Engagement Projects
CSET has actively engaged with the community through flagship projects, which are:
- Flagship 1: I-SET
- Flagship 2: GirlPower
- Flagship 3: MathsEdge
- Flagship 4: Computer Literacy in Communities
- Flagship 5: Socially Relevant Computing
- Flagship 6: Cyber Security Awareness Community Engagement (Project CSACEP)
- Flagship 7: Engineers Without Borders
- Flagship 8: Astronomy Outreach Programme
- Flagship 9: Solar Vehicle Project
- Flagship 10: Waste to Energy for Lenasia’s Thembelihle ECDs
- Flagship 11: ICT in Classroom
- Flagship 12: Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability for Rural Mpumalanga
These projects are designed to entice young learners into Science, Engineering and Technology and also help them overcome the fear of subjects that form the foundation of the scientific fields.
READ ALSO Unisa Registration Closing Dates
The College of Science, Engineering and Technology invites you to the CSET Learners Research Summit.
The summit is part of the CSET’s Community Engagement activities and provides the learners with an opportunity to present and showcase their innovative research projects.
As Africa’s leading open distance learning university, we strive to keep up with the constantly evolving Higher Education landscape in order to serve our students to the best of our ability. Our main aim is to harness the new and emerging potential in information and communication technology to catapult the university into a truly digital future.
Some of the ways we hope to achieve this include:
- Negotiating with internet service providers to secure special deals for students in an attempt to ensure that every student has suitable access to the internet.
- Promoting a paperless environment. This will entail every student having access to an electronic device (PC or tablet).
- Increasing implementation of e-books and online learning including the use of e-tutors and e-mentors.
- Supporting an open licensing regime where the restrictions placed on us by licensing legalities are minimised. This will enable us to more easily provide students with access to a wide range of study materials and reading matter.
For more information contact:
Mrs Yvonne Tlhowe
Tel: 011 670 9229